Have you eve tried fall detox foods for your holiday detox? How about the detox herbs milk thistle, dandelion root, or burdock root.
If you a regular reader,ryou know that your body has the ability to get rid of toxins by itself, but only if our eliminative system works properly. Detox foods and detox herbs can help us on the path to cleansing and purifying our blood and liver.
To help our liver get rid of toxins we can also use “yoga twists”. Twisting the body creates pressure on the liver which can help stimulate the liver to get rid of toxins.
Try this simple yoga twist during the holidays to detox and cleanse your body from all the rich holiday treats you will be eating. (from naturalhealthmag.com)
- Sit near the edge of a chair with your feet flat on the floor and directly under your knees.
- Cup each shoulder with the corresponding hand, resting your thumbs in the back and fingers in the front.
- Raise your elbows to shoulder height.
- Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth as you turn your torso, head and arms to the left.
- Inhale to come back to center, and exhale as you turn to the right. Continue at an even pace for one to three times.
- Repeat daily three times.
You can also watch these videos for more yoga ideas you can use.
Let us be holiday detox smart to feel and look fabulous during the Cold and Flu season and have happy and healthy Holidays, shall we?
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Coach and Counselor