To feel and look fabulous, you may want to incorporate more green smoothies into your diet. But before doing so, remember the fruits and vegetables you use should be bought and used only as organic. So if you want to be healthier, check on which fruits and vegetables make the “dirty dozen” and why strawberries,celery, peaches and apples can damage your health.
The three nutritious Green Smoothies recipes below are full of:
-vitamins A and carotenoids, C, E to boost our immune system, prevent heart attacks and cancers, keep our skin and body looking and feeling young
- lycopene to protect our skin from sun damage, prevent certain cancers, lower blood pressure
- fiber to detox our system, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, get rid of constipation, lose weight, and help with headaches and migraines;
- B-vitamins to deal with moodiness
- Omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation and keep our skin looking young.
- Potassium –to keep our nervous system healthy as well as to boost our metabolism.
I. Natural Green Smoothie Recipe with Berries
- 1/2 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 4 dates (pit removed) Handful of spinach
- 2-3 leaves of kale
- Handful of parsley
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Slice of fresh ginger
- ¼ tbsp Spirulina powder
Blend everything until smooth in a blender or food processor and enjoy
II. Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe with Apricots and Papaya
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1 cup apricots pitted
- 1 cup papaya sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp Spirulina powder or Blue Algae Powder
- 2 cups fresh herbs mix
- handful of parsley
- handful of dill
- 1 tsp dry nettle
- 1 banana
Blend everything until smooth in a blender or food processor and enjoy. Always try to adjust to your taste.
III. Homemade Green Smoothie Recipe with Pear and Pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 pear sliced
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- handful of parsley
- 3 cup collards or beet greens
- 1 kiwi
Blend everything until smooth in a blender or food processor and enjoy.
Breathe, smile and be happy.
© Irina Wardas, HHC
Women’s Holistic Health Counselor, Nutrition Coach and Relationship Expert